***Expressions of Interest are now closed - please sign up to my Grants Bulletin to be notified of future grant opportunities***
Eden-Monaro has a strong and energetic community that achieves amazing results through its local groups and individuals. I am very pleased to announce that the latest round of the ‘Stronger Communities Grants’ is now available for eligible groups in 2023.
Grants of between $2,500 and $20,000 are available for small capital works projects or capital expenditure projects. Funding is available for up to 100 per cent of your project costs. Eligible projects must bring social benefit to the wider community.
In the past these grants, and volunteers on the ground, have been responsible for everything from defibrillators to toilet facilities, scoreboards, and seating.
I can’t wait to see what will be achieved in 2023!
What you need to know:
Purpose: The Stronger Communities Programme provides each of the 151 Federal electorates with $150,000 to fund a maximum of 20 small capital projects.
These projects aim to improve local community participation and contribute to vibrant viable communities.
Round 8 of the Programme will continue to support Australia's economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. For this special round, grant funding will be up to 100% of eligible project costs except for local governing bodies where grant funding will be up to 50% of eligible project costs.
Eligibility: To be eligible, you must have an ABN and be one of the following incorporated entities:
- an incorporated not for profit organisation
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust with responsibility for a community asset or property
- a local governing body as defined by the Local Government (Financial Assistance) Act 1995
- a state agency like the SES or RFS
Examples of projects which may be funded under the programme include:
- upgrades, construction and fit-out of community spaces and centres
- upgrading facilities to provide inclusive access
- purchasing operating equipment such as computers, TVs, furniture, and fittings
- sporting facility upgrades including new scoreboards, BBQ facilities, seating, new turf, fit-out of change rooms, new canteen, new lights, upgrade water systems, gymnasiums, skate parks
- purchasing equipment for local SES or RFS
- purchasing first aid equipment
Projects funded under Round 8 of the Programme will need to be completed by 31 December 2023.
How to Apply: Read the grant opportunity guidelines, and make sure that your organisation and project are eligible, then complete the expression of interest form by Wednesday, 8 March 2023.
If your EOI is approved, you will be invited to complete a detailed formal application through an online portal which will be processed by the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communications and the Arts.
More information on the program can be found HERE